Job Posting Title:
Shift Manager- 1st Shift
* Interpret safety policies/practices to employees including enforcing safe work practices.
* Utilize available data (line speed target, set-up guidelines, efficiency and process data) to continuously improve productivity, uptime and reliability.
* Manage product quality by understanding and communicating customer needs to employees and ensuring expectations are consistently met and according to standard work.
* Communicate with Business Process Owners and Technical Leads to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer from shift to shift.
* Diagnose equipment, ingredients and packaging issues. Coordinate with Engineering, Maintenance or others as appropriate to solve production-related problems.
* Maintain area in accordance with BRC & AIB standards and enforce product safety and sanitation regulations and master sanitation books in conjunction with the Sanitation department.
* In conjunction with HR and management, provide coaching and counseling, conflict resolution, corrective action and training programs.
* Ensure security of employees, facilities and information systems by following and enforcing established security procedures.
* Assures sufficient resources are available to meet processing requirements.
* Lead and/or participate in continuous improvement events in addition to projects or \"just do its\".
* Ensure clear and concise communication to all levels in the organization.
* Ensure areas comply with 5S requirements.
* This position also fills in for supervisors on vacation/absences to manage the department when the need arises.
* Engages all employees in continuous improvement and fosters a positive work environment while developing a culture of ownership and accountability.
* Through cross training, understand and be able to perform the duties of a BPO in their absence.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (List all required):
Professional verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and delegation skills required. Ability to coach, mentor and develop others required. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel. Experience with SAP and Kronos preferred.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ...@treehousefoods.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.