The Senior Network/Security Engineer ensures efforts are in alignment with the Information Technology Division to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives.
The Senior Network/Security Engineer will work with cross-functional teams to design, implement, manage and monitoring the overall network infrastructure of the company (Systems, Database and storage). This will include making recommendations on changes in network configuration and hardware to improve delivery of service. Troubleshoot and resolve data center, wan, and wireless related issues.
Developing processes and making recommendations on improving network and security tools to better understand and analyze data flows, identifying anomalies or issue within the network that effect performance or reliability.
Lead the technical response to identify suspected cyber security incidents; working closely with the Leadership and members of the IT Department to ensure Navitus Health Solutions systems and electronic data are protected from internal and external unauthorized access, modification, deletion, or disclosure. This role is instrumental in ensuring the continued safeguarding of the data entrusted to our care.
- Ensure efforts delight the customer.
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication. Providing outstanding customer service to our clients, and maintain positive relationships with other employees and contractors.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Innovate and create value for the customer.
- Provide senior professional level network and security implementation skills for datacenter and enterprise environments.
- Provide primary leadership in the design and implementation for, but are not limited to WAN/MAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Wireless Access Controllers, Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE), LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, NAC, QoS, CAC, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, Spanning Tree, Cisco VPC, IGMP, HSRP, etc.
- Provide primary responsibility for DMVPN IPsec/VPN using Microsoft Certificate Authority including setting up and configuring the Microsoft CA Environment
- Provide primary responsibility for design and implementation of Cisco Point to Point VPN and Firewall deployment/configuration
- Provide leadership in the configuration, management and monitoring of Cisco Sourcefire/Firepower IPS system.
- Provide leadership in the configuration, management and implementation of Cisco ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) and network segmentation.
- Provide leadership in the configuration, management and monitoring of Citrix NetScaler load balancers.
- Provide leadership in the configuration, management of UCS.
- Design network and security architecture, establishing configuration policies for the protection of computer systems and network equipment, working with technical management to effectively reflect business needs, service-levels and availability requirements.
- Installation and implementation of wired and wireless network as well as security products and technologies designed to manage firewall traffic, ensuring the security of inbound data traffic.
- Responsible for establishing policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines for implementation, configuration, and monitoring of networking equipment and protocols.
- Develop, review and implement firewall policy rules and perform security risk assessments and approvals for network and system configuration changes
- Manage Information Security team response to suspected cyber security incidents, acting as Incident Response Leader when required.
- Interface with Management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements. Perform technical and cost analysis as well as CAPEX development work to support network and security infrastructure needs.
- Oversee annual penetration testing, and security assessments in support of customer and compliance requirements, working with designated 3rd party vendors as required.
- Provide technical network/security guidance to Business and IT on projects.
- Collaborate with teams to identify network/security needs.
- Identify roadblocks or areas of concern and bring potential solutions to management's attention. Serve as an advisor on corporate projects providing technical networking projects.
- Other related duties as assigned/required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Undergraduate degree in Information Technology - or equivalent the field of Computer Science and/or a minimum of 5+ years of professional experience in IT security disciplines.
Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to WAN/MAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Wireless Access Controllers, Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE), LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, NAC, QoS, CAC, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, Spanning Tree, Cisco VPC, IGMP, HSRP, etc. required
- Knowledge of DMVPN IPsec/VPN using Microsoft Certificate Authority including setting up and configuring the Microsoft CA Environment required
- Knowledge of Cisco Point to Point VPN and Firewall deployment/configuration required
- Experience with Cisco Sourcefire/Firepower IPS systems required
- Direct experience with intrusion detection, firewalls, content filtering and ACI a plus
- Experience with Citrix NetScaler load balancers a plus
- Familiarity with Cisco UCS a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco Call-Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco Unified Call Center Express, and Cisco Telepresence Video Conferencing a plus
- Familiarity with technical healthcare regulatory (HIPAA, HITECH, PCI) environments is a plus
- Knowledge of Security Information Event Manager (SIEM) tools and functions a plus
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods a plus
- Experience planning, researching and developing security standards and procedures a plus
- Experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications a plus
- Candidate must possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable professional/technical certifications, such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CISSP, CISM, CISA, or other relevant certifications.
- Ability to communicate system and network security issues to peers and management
- Able to communicate effectively with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- On-call availability
- Some travel may be required
Associated topics: attack, forensic, identity, iam, idm, leak, malicious, security, security engineer, vulnerability